Sunday, April 27, 2008

Potential Career Change



So, I'm considering a new career as a Spokeswoman for Dyson vacuum cleaners.






You see, most normal people take their hard earned tax refund that they slaved over the documents for days, and do something really fun, pay off bills, invest or save the money. Nope. Not us Rotters. We bought a new vacuum. Not just any vacuum. A Dyson. Being the budget conscious consumer that I am, I searched and searched for the best deal. Costco.com saved me 149.00 and had FREE shipping.






The Dyson was to be delivered on Friday. All day, I kept checking the porch for the "package" and refused to leave home for fear they would require a signature. Around 5:00 I had to go deliver dinner to a gal who just had a baby. My heart was racing with worry that I would miss the man in the brown shorts, brown short-sleeve button up, brown socks and black shoes (really...who thought up those outfits, anyways??), driving the big brown truck. I speed the half-mile to deliver dinner, basically threw the lasagna at the grandmother and raced home to see the big brown truck pulling away from my house. My heart sank. The kids and I pulled into the driveway and to our surprise the man in the brown shorts, brown short-sleeve button up, brown socks and black shoes had left the treasured package on the porch. Yippeeee!!! I haven't been this excited since both of my kids slept through the night on the same night (it's a rarity around here)!






I have totally been researching my "new" vacuum for months. I love to vacuum and I'm tired of going through various models and brands. In the 6.5 years we've been married, we have had 4 or 5 vacuum cleaners. I wanted to be sure that the vacuum I choose this time would last. I could go on and on about the fantastic features of my new Dyson. To name a few: it's purple (I didn't have a choice, but it's really fantastic), extra long cord-I plug it in the hallway and it reaches everywhere but my kitchen, extra special attachments that I still have no clue how to use (better get reading), 5 year warranty and best of all it sucks up EVERYTHING. For the record, I vacuum everyday (rarely do I skip a day). The picture below shows how full the canister was upon completion of the Dyson's "maiden-voyage." This was just a "normal" pass through my house. No moving furniture, no doing the edges, no extra duty my friends. Can you believe all of that was in my carpet!?!!!! I think I tasted a little bit of vomit in my mouth I was so disgusted.






If you're considering a vacuum change or need a good way to spend money during a mid-life crisis, I highly recommend the DYSON!!! Who wouldn't want to take advice from an OCD vacuumer. Vacuumer is not really a word, but I like it anyway.

12 comments:

Nasinec Family said...

We OCD vacuumers have to stick together!

Abby said...

I so agree- we got a dyson for Christmas and I love it but am repulsed by how much came out of my "clean" carpet!! And I love the polly pocket post and the shots one!! Great job blogger-girl!
And I posted on the e-burg moms but I would love a couple of the leapster games that we don't have -which is most but if you want to give all to Tonieka ( i saw that after i posted) that is fine!!

Amber and Nala said...

Wow...that is impressive. Mine would probably be horrific with all of the doggy hair. YIKES! Oh, and I am sure Nala would love to help you with your mole problem. :)

Lorna said...

Too funny, Kelly! Enjoyed your posts and pictures. Will you be at Priest Lake this summer? Hoping to catch up with you then!

--Lorna

Amber and Nala said...

I love the new layout!! :)

Katie said...

I love it! Got one just like that for my birthday...love my mother-in-law to pieces!!! So fun to vacuum now and I'm also so disgusted with what is "living" in my BRAND NEW carpet. Really...what could be in it...it's brand new! Scary. So, everytime I vacuum now, I'll totally think of you doing the same (don't think I can keep up with your daily quota though!)

Also, loved Jensen's picture. I laughed and laughed. Yes, we will have to set these two up in the future! Thanks for posting Maddie's info too- I believe that all of those prayers have made our baby girl pull through so well! Thanks!
Love,
Katie

Carson and Crew said...

OMG Kelly!! Our vacuum just broke last Sunday and guess what I told Brian I had a dream about??? The Dyson Animal Hair! Well, now I HAVE to have it, and they should pay you the commission 'cuz ya just totally sold me on it!

Nasinec Family said...

Update your blog already girl!

Becky Noftle said...

Jackson was thrilled when I read him your post on our blog. He was surprised you remembered him---I told him some nightmares just won't go away for us poor teachers!! I got a Dyson for Christmas this year LOVE IT! Mine isn't a cool purple though, it's an even cooler Royal Knight (that's what our three year old calls yellow!). It's amazing what comes up--I have lost count over 15 years how many vacuums I have purchase but I would guess about 1 every 18months or so. This one I have yet to clog--miracles do happen!

Kristi O said...

I came to your blog from Audrey Caroline 'cause I saw you were from Washington state. I am from Clarkston, near Pullman. Anyway I confess I have vaccum envy. well I have "thefactthatyoucaccumeveryday" envy if you really must know. I would be TERRIFIED to see what the canister would have looked like when it was done at my house. 4 boxers and a few kids spells overflowing new dyson!!! enjoy it!

valerie said...

Hi Kelly,
I saw your post on Angie's blog.
Wow...I've never heard of this vacuum cleaner. I'll have to check it out.
My daughter is also a OCD vacuumer!
She had something in one of her posts recently about how after she vacuums she won't let her husband walk across the floor for a while. She's always loved the way the floor looks afterwards. :)
I've enjoyed glancing at your blog. You have adorable children.

Noah's Mommy said...

I have this same vacuum. My husband got it for me at a pawn shop for 40.00 yes I said 40.00. It is great. It is usually full of cheerios and goldfish.