Sunday, March 8, 2009

Time Change

As I blog about this, my two dear eldest children have been awake for exactly 5 hours and 34 minutes. Yes...they woke up at 5:00am per the new time change or for all of you brains 4:00am "old" time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we supposed to sleep in an extra hour. So, with our usual 6:00am wake up, shouldn't they have slept until 7:00am?

Here's a replay of our night/early morning. Joe is out of town at a fly fishing show with his friend and coworker Johnny. I had Erinn and JT (Johnny's wife and almost two year old) over for dinner.

7:15 Faith fell asleep on the couch.
8:30 JT and Erinn leave.
8:45 Jensen into bed (really late for him).
9:00 put a Pull-Up on the still sleeping Faith and carry her to my bed as I was not going to try to hoist my 44lb 5 year old to her top bunk. Get baby ready for bed. Feed baby. Change baby's poopy diaper. Feed baby. Change baby's poopy diaper. Feed baby. Change baby's poopy diaper and put baby down for the night at 10:45pm.
10:45 pm Clean up the house, make the guest bed, do a little blog stalking.
11:30 hop into a soaking wet bed...Faith had apparently soaked through her pull-up. Wake Faith up to change all of her clothes and strip the sheets off of my bed.
12:00am By this point, it's almost midnight so we slept with no sheets on the bed (cozy).
2:00am baby wakes to be fed.
3:00am baby wakes to be fed.
3:35am Faith has a bad dream (and is screaming) that a dinosaur ate her...could be a problem since the theme at preschool for the upcoming two weeks is DINOSAURS!
3:55am baby wakes to eat.
4:00 Jensen crawls in bed with Faith and I and is wide awake. As is Faith, whom as been poked and prodded by baby brother.
4:30am, put Jensen back in his bed with two binkies, his blanket, and a HUGE cup of warm milk. ALWAYS WORKS IN OUR HOUSE!
5:00am Jensen is back in my room wide awake and Faith is still awake, too. At this point, I give up and put on a movie in my room hoping to catch some more sleep. No such luck...they are now hungry and ready to play for the day.

For the record...for the baby's entire life, he has typically only woken up 1-2 times at night. Was there a full-moon last night????

Oh how I pray they all take naps today. At. The. Same. Time.

2 comments:

The Caffeinated Mommy said...

Ohhhhh, Kelly. PLEASE tell me that at least YOU got a nap today??? Hang in there!!!

Mike & Crissy said...

You're amazing! Mine went to bed extra late and woke extra early too - and I'd also expected an extra hour. It was slightly irritating to hear other mommy's talking about their extra hour of quiet time that day! Argh!