Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Thankful for many things today, but today am going to emphasize our amazing family, friends and community. Love, love, love all three of those. We have three of the most precious children ever (may be biased, but it's my blog). Faith and Jensen are so sweet with the new baby and Jacob is just a little cuddle bug.

Our families support us in all we do with visits, emails, phone calls and advice. My mom has been here for two weeks from Arizona and the kids have loved having her here to visit...and I haven't exactly minded her doing all of my laundry. Thanks Mom! Today Faith and Jensen are up painting pottery at Interactive Toys in Cle Elum with one brave Grandma and her dear friend Adrianne!

Thankful for Ellensburg and the great community it is. Can I share that I've cooked dinner no more than five times since Jacob has been born. What a wonderful gift this has been for our family and it came at exactly the right time. When I came home from the hospital (with a bit of hitch in my giddy-up), hormonal and to a houseful of vomiting children, I was feel a bit "down" to say the least. I sat down few hours later to check my emails and to my surprise my dear friend Cori had set up meals for us, every other night, for and entire MONTH. At that point I broke down in tears of gratitude. PLUS, I must add, that other dear friends, coworkers, etc. also showed up with food during this month, adding to dates that were already spoken for! Thank you EVERYONE who has done this for our family. What a blessing to focus more on our children and becoming a family of five then meal planning, grocery shopping, and cooking! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

0 comments: