Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fun Day







Today was one of those perfect days, with just a slight "bump" in the road. Faith and I were up bright and early and enjoyed breakfast outside in the crisp temperature. After breakfast Faith was working on painting on the deck and I got some housework done while Jensen was still asleep. I love mornings like this. Then...Jensen woke up. In less then 3 minutes he managed to wreck havoc on our peaceful morning. I got him out of crib and took his anchor-like diaper off. He went screeching down the hall, bare buns, to see what Faith was up to. Upon coming out of his room with a fresh diaper I notice a GIANT turd on the living room floor. Faith didn't think this was so cool and her "foot soak" (in the living room) was upset at this time. While I'm cleaning up the artifact left by the little one, he proceeds to dump the bucket of water all over the coffee table and carpet. I manage to get him in a fresh diaper and send him outside with Faith. Look out the window and he's painted himself and finished off his morning work by dumping the paint water (black) over his head. Lovely Jens. A morning bath is a great idea, but let's work on the quality of the water. All I could do was laugh at this point.








However, the "bump" passed quickly and we had a great day complete with haircuts for the kids, lunch with grandma, a trip to Louie's U-pick corn, and ended the day at a concert in the park. Great day!!! I've included a few pictures, but didn't manage to capture our morning on film.








Funny Faithisms lately:








Yesterday, as were passing DQ: "Phew. I sure am hot! Why don't you swing on into Dairy Queen and pick me up an ice cream."








While Watching Olympics: "I'm going to win a medal for Gym-Nasinecs." (our friends last name is Nasinec)








Watching the Sunset: "Look everyone! That's God smiling at us. He's telling us he loves us!"








"People get old and their hair gets short and then they go to heaven."








"I'm going to wear my dukini (bikini) today."

2 comments:

Abby said...

Cute!! Love the "faithisms"! She is so cute and so creative!!

Carson and Crew said...

Alright Faith, who you callin' old?!? (LOL, I just cut all my hair off!) :-)