Thursday, November 26, 2009

Jensen Carl Rotter Boy is THREE!!!!

Much to his dismay, Jensen turned three on the 19th. You see, what he really wanted was to be "dibe" (five). For WEEKS he's been telling us, and anyone else who would listen, "My go-knee be dibe. Dibe like Daith. My dibe. My go cool. My sit in dooster seat." Translated to: "I am going to be five. Five like Faith. I'm five. I will go to school. I will sit in a booster seat. Sounds much cuter in his words, huh?

Now, we could have played along with this, but being the mean spirited family we are, we kept telling him that someday he'd be five, but he needed to be three and four first. This usually evoked a two-year old meltdown/screaming fit with words like, "No! My 8 then. My 10. My 6!" We didn't really think anyone would believe our 25ish pound son, that comes with his own personal translator, was ACTUALLY five. Maybe we're wrong, but we went out on a limb and celebrated his THIRD birthday in style with a Doggy Themed "Pawty!" He kept requesting a "green" birthday, but my creative juices weren't coming up with much for that theme. So doggy it was.

Jensen has come around to the fact that he's three (except for when (in his words) he's a baby and wants a binky) and had a great time at his party. He was so cute opening presents. He'd open one and all he'd want to do was play with THAT present and not open the others. Good thing he had Faith there to help him! :)

His most prized gift was a set of binoculars from Papa Rick and Grandma Beth. He loves his "nockers" and tells EVERYONE he sees, friends and foes alike, that he loves to play with his "nockers." Perfectly fine in CONTEXT, but things get a little uncomfortable when this is proclaimed to the random checker at Fred Meyer. And his "nockers" are no where in sight. Lovely.




1 comments:

The Caffeinated Mommy said...

Oh my GOD, the part about the nockers. Totally hysterical. If it makes you feel better, Zoey used to call blueberries "boobies", and would loudly point them out whenever we saw them. Much to the amusement of fellow produce-shoppers at Winco. ;-)