Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Savings

So...here are my recent deals at Albertsons!

I really think my adjusted age may be 85with the way I like to coupon shop. I seriously get a thrill out of it!

Here's what I got and what the regular prices are:

Two tubs of Crystal Light @ 4.99 each
Individual Crystal Light @ 3.99
Two Kraft Dressings @ 2.69 each
Ritz Crackers @ 2.89
Two Kraft BBQ Sauces @ 2.49 each
Bertolli Dinner @ 8.99
2 Wheat Thins @ 3.79 each
2 Triscuts @ 3.79 each
Kraft Mayonnaise @ 4.29 each
Wacky Mac @ 1.89
Three Bagelfuls @ 3.59 each

The Total Price Would have been 68.32

What I Paid.....2.89!!!! Can you believe it?!?!

*The funny thing is some of this stuff I would never buy, because I wouldn't FATHOM paying 3.79 for a dinky box of crackers or 3.59 for 4 small bagels with cream cheese. I love that some of the good deals I got were "special treats" for the family and some things we actually needed.



Okay...so I went back this evening and added to my savings (not pictured):

3 boxes of Tricuts @ 3.79 each
1 box of Wheat Thins @ 3.79
1 box of Bagelfuls @ 3.59
2 bags of Wacky Mac @ 1.89each
2 Kraft Salad Dressing @ 2.69 each
1 Kraft BBQ Sauce @ 2.49
1 Box of Ritz @ 2.89

Total Retail would have been 33.29 and I only paid 1.27

Basically I've gotten 101.61 worth of groceries for the bargain price of $4.16!!!

BTW, I technically would have gotten money back today (not that that was my plan), but I guess that's not allowed. The six not-so-pleased-with-my-stack-of-coupons-people in line behind me were looking a bit less then friendly, so I grabbed the closest box of crackers (Triscuts for 1.47) and high-tailed it out of Albertson's as fast as I could.

Warning!!! Do NOT try this level of bargaining at home. It may lead to serious risks to your health. Side effects may include, loss of ability to pay full price for anything, loss of self-pride from going through the line multiple times, loss of "coolness" from the fact that you posted this on the World Wide Web, and loss of friends your age when you enjoy talking budgets while out for drinks.

5 comments:

Mike & Crissy said...

It's OK Kelly, you're not alone! I haven't been as savy lately, but I have "spells" when I REALLY get into the coupons (I even used to "accidentally" cut off the exp dates) at least you can pay for that drink with all the money you've saved!

Emmons said...

Wow, I envy you. You are so good. I'm happy when I save 1/2 on my entire grocery bill. We've been better about stocking up when the coupons and deals are on, but I must bow down you are the "queen of savings"!

Nasinec Family said...

So how did you do it? Do tell...

Abby said...

OK I need some lessons because that is amazing!! We should start a support group. Does your heart race as the checker is adding it all up? Mine does...

Unknown said...

Yes where did you find all of these coupons I am will Gina Do Tell