Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Raising Boys

Below is Jensen's latest weapon.
Enter...my $80.00 straightening iron. Yes, the 4th one I've owned (don't ask why I keep spending so much. If you've ever seen my hair you get it), and the one I've only had 2 months.

As I'm feeding the baby tonight, "J-Bird" delicately carried this down the hall by the cord shouting "Ot (hot) Mom! Ot (hot) Mom!" To which I replied "J-Bird, yes that is mommy's hot iron. It's only for mommy. Can I please have it back?"

"No!" Shouts Jensen and then proceeds to make ferocious growling noises and shouts, "I go to bite you! I go to eat you!" All the while aggressively opening and closing the straightening iron and thrusting it back and forth at all parts of my body.

Yes...briefly, I was actually frightened of my 26lb, 2.5 year old.


For the record, it was not hot, but at least I know he's been listening when I'm doing my hair. He had helped himself to the iron out of the drawer, when he was finished eating toothpaste in my bathroom. Can't get him to eat "traditional" foods, but give the kid a tube of toothpaste or some bouillon cubes and he's good to go!

1 comments:

Amber and Nala said...

Oh yes, raising boys sums it up nicely! That is so funny!

In regards to your post below...maybe I should just hire you to do my shopping because I don't have the same level of committment as you to finding the bargains. :) So, I pay you a small price and you find the deals and then it's still saving me money. :) Just a thought. ;)

Amber